This course is designed especially for those starting a career in environmental management, who want a solid foundation of environmental and sustainability expertise to build upon.
Alternatively this course can ensure the competency of employees whose work contributes to environmental performance improvement.
Upon successful completion of the course and assessment, students can apply for Associate Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
The focus on management tools and techniques equips learners with the practical skills required by employers.
To study the IEMA Foundation Course in Environmental Management you must be a member of IEMA (there is an associated cost for this).
The IEMA Foundation Certificate will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to contribute to environmental and sustainability management in your organisation. It will also boost your career prospects.
The purpose-built course has 31 interactive lessons, including 13 scenario-based activities in which you can apply your environmental management skills.
The course, which takes approximately 40 hours to complete, uses industry leading learning methods including activating prior knowledge techniques.
Upon successful completion of the course and assessment, you can apply for Associate membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA). You may then choose to progress to the IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management which leads to Practitioner status.
There are 13 Learning Outcomes for this course which are as follows:
• Outline the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations
• Outline sustainable business/ governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
• Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
• Outline major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
• Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance.
• Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
• Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information
• Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions • Deliver effective communication and capture feedback
• Engage with stakeholders
• Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
• Identify and propose ways to improve performance
• Support change and transformation to improve sustainability.