This 1 day course aims to support directors and senior managers with managing overall operations of Health and Safety in their organisation.
We have added a new unit, to show how to effectively implement Emergency Pandemic Safety Arrangements, arrange sufficient personnel, policies and procedures to ensure safety, and boost productivity.
New sentencing guidelines have seen multi-million pound fines imposed on companies for non-fatal as well as fatal accidents and an increase in the number of directors receiving immediate custodial sentences.
At the end of the course, directors and senior managers will understand their personal liabilities more clearly and expert insight on how to reduce risk in the workplace, and the positive impact that good health and safety can have on the bottom line.
Upon completion of the course, learners will:
- Understand their personal liability in relation to health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Understand the consequences of failing to manage health, safety in the workplace
- Understand how to reduce risks to people and the business
- Implementing Emergency Pandemic Safety Arrangements/Personnel
- Equips you with the knowledge and skills to implement effective and robust safety measures
- Raises awareness of the importance of health, safety and welfare at director level
- Equips directors with strategies for active, visible leadership in relation to health, safety and welfare
- Highlights the fact that good health and safety is good for business
“An excellent course, very interactive and made one think. It will be effective in changing senior managers’ thinking and will therefore improve health and safety at JCB.” Andrew Price, JCB World Headquarters