QA Mental Health First Aider Instructor Conversion Course (1 Day) for those who are already qualified Mental Health First Aiders.
Quality Assured training, providing you with the knowledge, skills, and understanding you need to be able to teach and assess the First Aid England (QA) range of mental health first aid qualifications.
This 1-day course consists of a combination of learning and micro-teaching activities that translates your existing mental health first aid teaching qualification in a way that perfectly complements the QA Mental Health First Aid course.
Throughout the day, you will cover a range of topics in mental health, be provided with additional coaching that improves your understanding of the subjects covered, and enhance your confidence to deliver a session on Workplace Mental Health.
You will be assessed with a multiple-choice exam to test your knowledge, and also through a micro-teach session where you will deliver part of the QA Mental Health First Aid course to your peers.
You will be provided with feedback from your fellow learners and your tutor based on your performance, and you will be expected to deliver feedback to your peers in return.
You must be at least 18 years old on the first day of training.
- Leading Internal Workplace Mental Health QA Programmes
- Coaching and Mentoring Mental Health First Aiders
- Expanding knowledge of mental health in the workplace
- Becoming an Assessor/Tutor in QA Mental Health Workplace Training Programmes
Learners will be assessed on an ongoing basis in their practical activities to ensure they meet the required standards.
MCQ paper to be passed to complete the course:
- Maximum time allowed is 40 minutes (per multiple choice question paper)
- Minimum mark is 18 out of 25 to be considered for an overall ‘Pass’. (per multiple choice question paper)
- Deliver a micro-teach session where you will deliver part of the QA Mental Health First Aid course to your peers.
Upon successfully completing the course, learners will be awarded the QA Mental Health First Aider Instructor Conversion Course Certificate. This course is equivalent to a Level 3 in the RQF framework.
This course can be done remotely, and classroom based over a 1 day period.