QA Mental Health First Aider Instructor Course (4 Day)
Quality Assured training, providing you with the knowledge, skills, and understanding you need to be able to teach and assess the First Aid England (QA) range of mental health first aid qualifications.
This qualification is for those over the age of 18, who have an interest in mental health first aid and would like to raise their awareness of mental health within the work environment and be able to actively listen and guide/ support work colleagues.
Although this qualification is ideal for those who are line managers, Workplace Trainers, H&S Managers or those who work in human resources department, any member of staff should be able to attend this qualification.
The QA Level 3 Award in Teaching and Assessing Mental Health Qualifications has been specifically designed to provide trainers with the knowledge and skills to deliver the QA range of mental health first aid qualifications to the highest standard.
During this course, you will also achieve the QA Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace qualification, gaining in-depth knowledge and understanding of the course components which will expand your knowledge of mental health (contained with the QA course) and enable you to teach your learners to:
- Develop a better understanding of a variety of work-related mental health conditions, including stress, depression, anxiety disorders, and psychosis
- Recognise the characteristics and features of common mental health conditions
- Support their fellow employees who are experiencing mental health issues
- Promote a culture of positive mental health in the workplace
During the course, our trainers will provide an engaging learning experience through the use of video, PowerPoint presentations, case study analysis, real-life examples of mental health issues, group discussions, workbook activities, and much more.
- You must be at least 18 years old on the first day of training.
- Leading Internal Workplace Mental Health QA Programmes
- Coaching and Mentoring Mental Health First Aiders
- Expanding knowledge of mental health in the workplace
Learners will be assessed on an ongoing basis in their practical activities to ensure they meet the required standards.
MCQ paper to be passed to complete the course:
- Maximum time allowed is 40 minutes (per multiple choice question paper)
- Minimum mark is 18 out of 25 to be considered for an overall ‘Pass’. (per multiple choice question paper)
- There will also be an applied theory project to complete as course work that must be passed to complete the course.
- Deliver a micro-teach session where you will deliver part of the QA Mental Health First Aid course to your peers.
Upon successfully completing the course, learners will be awarded the QA Mental Health First Aider Instructor Course Certificate. This course is equivalent to a Level 3 in the RQF framework.
This course can be done remotely, and classroom based over a 4 day period.
We can also deliver it on a flexible basis.
Topics Covered include:
- Understanding mental health and its importance
- The roles and responsibilities for mental health in the workplace
- Importance of own wellbeing as a mental health first aider
- Common mental health conditions, including:
- Characteristics and features
- Work-related stress
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Promoting positive mental health first aid in the workplace
- Best practice for employers
- Mental health first aid at work action plan
- Appropriate coping strategies
- How employers can provide support to employees in the workplace
- Assisting those off work or returning to work
- Procedures to support employees who are off work whilst experiencing poor mental health
- Types of support available both locally and nationally
- Teaching and Assessing Mental Health First Aid England Standards